Willem,

This issue of embedded binaries for testing purposes has come up before.
Examples include network intercepts for testing malware detection or class
files for a byte code manipulator. The network files can't easily be
recreated since they were observed in the wild and the class files might
have been produced by a specific (possibly broken) compiler version that
isn't widely available.

The key question is whether these binaries are derived from some source
that could be compiled instead of distributing the binary objects. Failing
that, can the provenance and justification for the binary object be
described?