> Whimsy currently shows 6 PPMC members who are not subscribed.

Digging into this more…

It looks there's also been troubles subscribing from China, or more accurate
receiving the confirm subscription emails from apache to chinese inboxes. (And
it wouldn't surprise me if after creating a new mail accounts and getting
things to work, folk would be forgetting then about private@skywalking )

There's some oddity like Yao Wang who is subscribed to dev ML but is not
getting the confirm email using the same email address for the private ML.

For example:
```
Hi. This is the qmail-send program at apache.org.

<private-tc.1551689265.dkffilnheganngfmokmf-allen.wang.123=outlook....@skywalking.apache.org>:
ezmlm-manage: fatal: Illegal or outdated moderator request (#5.7.1)
```

Indeed if I look through my inbox I see some of those missing from the private
ML having matching "CONFIRM subscribe to priv...@skywalking.apache.org" emails.
But they say they did not get those emails.

Folk are also just using the list.apache.org website, which is of no surprise
considering the above errors. We'll continue with this, as the Chinese
communities will need to have this sorted out, but we do believe that all have
attempted to subscribe.

Is there a reason that people with @apache.org addresses have to manually
subscribe to these lists, if it's so mandatory?
I would have thought this is something that should just then be automatic, and
then in this situation it's just the problem of ensuring the @apache.org
address is successfully forwarding emails.

regards,
Mick