Hi,

> Historically, demonstrably, we have applied a different policy to "podling
> releases" that is a bit more lenient. Once the podling graduates, it must
> conform to the formal Apache release guidelines.

1. There is no seperate incubator release policy for podling/IPMC releases,
well no formal written down one anyway.
2. The IPMC does currenly give podlings a lot of leeway and treats IPMC
releases differently to TLP releases. A look at recent IPMC release votes will
find +1 votes on issues that would probably be -1 on a TLP release.

Perhaps read what going in the board report [1] (still draft) as I think that
captures it well.

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/June2019