On Sat, Jun 1, 2019 at 12:02 AM <jus...@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> HI,
>
> > Before putting it to the board, have we ever had a IPMC vote on the
> matter?
>
> Sure if you think one is needed, but probably best to have some discussion
> about it first.

It is always best to handle at the PMC-level first, rather than skipping
from community discussion straight to the Board.

> So perhaps if we set an incubator policy of a podling release being a
> > little more lenient
>
> We do not own the release policy so I don’t think we can change it like
> that, but we could ask the board to do so.

I believe the key issue is that you're attempting to apply the Foundation's
release policy to something that **is not a Foundation release**

That is what the Incubator disclaimer is for. These are podlings' releases.
Not Foundation releases. They do not need to conform to the Foundation's
policy. Merely the Incubator's policy, whatever that may be (Dave sets out
a great list).

When a podling graduates and becomes part of the formal structure of the
Foundation, *then* the release policy must apply.

Cheers,
-g