On Tue, Jul 2, 2019 at 10:28 AM Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net> wrote:

> Hi -
>
> > On Jul 1, 2019, at 1:30 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz
> > <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Sun, Jun 30, 2019 at 1:39 AM Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
> > wrote:
> >> ...I put up suggested text changes for an incubator disclaimer here [1]...
> >
> > Basically just adding this, right?
> >
> >> Some of the project releases may not follow ASF policy or have
> >> incomplete or unknown licensing conditions....
> >
> > It works for me but I'd say "incubating project" to be clearer.
>
> How is this?
>
> “Some of the incubating project’s releases may not be fully compliant with
> ASF policy. For example, releases may have incomplete or unreviewed licensing
> conditions. Known issues will be described on the project’s status page."

I would suggest we have a policy where known issues are actually
listed in the DISCLAIMER itself. Along the lines of:

"Some of the incubating project’s releases may not be fully compliant
with ASF policy. For example, releases may have incomplete or
unreviewed licensing conditions. What follows is a list of known
issues the project is currently aware of (note that this list, by
definition, is likely to be incomplete):"

I would also suggest we add an explicit note warning our downstream consumers:

"If you are planning to incorporate this work into your
product/project, please be aware that you will need to conduct a
thorough licensing review to determine the overall implications of
including this work"