In the past, I've made my position clear: if an IPMC member cannot be
bothered to get themselves subscribed to the private list, then they are
not providing appropriate oversight, and (thus) should be removed from the
PMC. They can continue to contribute via the general@ list, but lose their
(binding) status due to removal from the IPMC.

Cheers,
-g