On Thu, Jan 16, 2020 at 7:41 AM Trevor Grant <trevor.d.gr...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> @Greg, I would echo Ning's point.

I saw Ning's post before my own response, and (frankly) have little
sympathy. Email exists to ask questions and solve problems. "I can't get
subscribed. Please help" is very easy to send. If a member of the IPMC has
not bothered, then they are not fulfilling their responsibilities. I am
also guessing that Justin is only considering members of the IPMC that
joined (say) more than a year ago. So we could say "if you want to join the
IPMC, we'll give you an ENTIRE YEAR to figure out how to join one of the
mailing lists at Apache". ... and to return to my original point: no
sympathy. If "you" cannot figure out how to subscribe to an Apache mailing
list over the span of a mere week, then what are you doing as an IPMC
Member and/or Mentor?

Personal responsibility.

Step up. Figure it out. Get it done.
-g