> On 2020/04/08 14:02:26, Stephen Mallette <spmalle...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Just a general question from someone who tries to follow what happens in
> > the graph community in general - what is the relationship between
> > "AgensGraph" and  "AgensGraph Extensions"?
> >
> >Agensgraph is a fork of Postgres, where the source code was directly
> modified to implement the Cypher query language. Agensgraph Extension
> utilizes Postgre’s extensibility features to add the Cypher query
> languages, without any modification to Postgres’ source code. The
> Agensgraph community requested that it be an extension instead, so we began
> development on Agensgraph Extension

Thank you, the difference is clear to me now. I imagine the incubator will
sort out if the naming is a problem from trademark perspectives.

Again, for my own edification, could you perhaps explain a bit further what
the difference users experience between AgensGraph and AgensGraph
Extensions? Is there some advantage to AgensGraph being an extension to
postgres rather than being embedded as part of the postgres code itself? If
these kinds of questions are answered elsewhere, I'm happy to take a link
and go back to being quiet until the next graph product comes through
Incubator :)