Hello Dave,

Thank you for the great question!

We actually have tried our best to reach out to the existing code
contributors to ask for their support. To be specific, we did the following
two things:

1. We created a GitHub issue on GeoSpark repo to explain this donation in
October 2019.

Please find the issue here:
https://github.com/DataSystemsLab/GeoSpark/issues/391

We just posted the latest update of this proposal and added that if anyone
found that we forgot them, we are more than happy to add them.

2. We have contacted all code contributors individually through emails and
personal contacts. They all support this donation. The initial committers
are contributors who made significant contributions to Apache Sedona based
on the GitHub statistics:
https://github.com/DataSystemsLab/GeoSpark/graphs/contributors They are
willing to continuously support this project.

We believe that we have got strong support from the community. Hope this
can answer your question!

Regards,
Jia

Jia Yu