Hi Justin,

On 2020/10/08 07:48:04, Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> Re the logo URL I though that redirected but doesn’t they
> https://apache.org/logos/

Thanks for pointing this out. I'll go ahead and revive the Flagon logo thread
we had on dev@flagon. This is by no means a blocker for graduation though.

> The points were (and were repeated for 4 reports):
>
>  1. Grow the Flagon Committer/Contributor/Community Base
>  2. Refine release processes for core analytic product (Distill)
>  3. Finalize (through vote) Flagon logo, get marketing approvals (e.g swag)

Your quite right Justin. These 'were' stated and repeated. The question they
were in response to was "### Three most important unfinished issues to address
before graduating:" I've never really liked this question as it indicates that
the project cannot graduate before it fixes three abitrary things. For example,
if "Defining [a] release process"... really blocking for the podling
graduating? No in my opinion it is not. Similarly, is finalizing a logo? In my
opinion it is not.

I would like to see this question rephrased to "### Three most important
unfinished issues to make progress on before graduating:"

I will also comment that these "Three most important unfinished issues" can
change over time if more "important unfinished issues" come up. In light of
that, the October2020 report accurately reflects the state of the project i.e.
that it is ready for graduation.

> So it looks like the project did intend to release Distill?

It 'did' in the past but no longer does. This is a sign of product and
community maturation. Distill is no longer actively maintained by the
community. This is stated in bold on the product documentation
http://flagon.apache.org/docs/distill/