> On 24 Nov 2020, at 04:15, Daniel Widdis <wid...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I manage a mature open source project (as the “benevolent dictator”) and am
> considering transitioning my project to community management in the Apache
> Way.  I have spent a few weeks reading about the Apache Incubator process
> including most documentation I can find on the site, conference
> presentations, and other materials.  I am still interested, but would like to
> speak more with other community members prior to creating a proposal.

Whose initiative is this?  If it's you acting as dictator, the first thing to
do is discuss
it within your own community.  If it's coming from them and they're pressing you
with positive reasons to move, that's a good start.

One gotcha to be aware of is that Apache expects project work to happen both
openly and on-record.  If your community is accustomed to doing most of its
communication in an interactive channel such as slack (let alone anything like
zoom
that uses speech rather than text), you'll have to change that to be inclusive
of
people who aren't party to that - including for example prospective newcomers
who
want to browse an archive before jumping in!  This can be a sticking-point.

Does it relate to one or more existing Apache project?  If so, that would be a
good
place to look for folks who'll take an interest.

--
Nick Kew