On 14/04/2021 09.06, Jian Qiu wrote:
Hi, Dave,

When we decide to donate project to Apache Incubator, we consider several
candidate names and make a vote in our community, the results are
as follows:

* YunionCloud - a cloud union of Clouds, 26 vote
* UnioneCloud - to unify many clouds into One Cloud, 10 vote
* OpenYunion -  open source Cloud Union, 5 vote
* OpenMHCP - open source Multi/Hybrid Cloud Platform, 2 vote

So we decided to choose YunionCloud as the new name. But we did not
realize it conflicted with our company domain name.

As you suggested, we would like to consider UnioneCloud as the project name.

Would you consider UnioneCloud an appropriate project name?

What does the E in UnioneCloud signify? I must confess I find it distracting that there is what appears to the average reader as a typo, but if there is a reason you did not pick UnionCloud, I'd be happy to hear it :)

Many thanks,

Jian Qiu

Willem Jiang <willem.ji...@gmail.com> 于2021年4月14日周三 上午9:47写道:

Hi Dave,

I understand your concern. Actually,  I had a long discussion with the
team about the project name, but I missed that the company's domain
name has a close relationship with the project name.
Now the development team is working on finding a new name for it.  We
will come back with a new project name for this proposal.

Regards,

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem