> On Jun 2, 2022, at 6:38 PM, Brahma Reddy Battula <bra...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> On Fri, 3 Jun 2022 at 6:53 AM, Dave Fisher <wave4d...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> Taking projects out of the attic has only happened one time. It was done
>> by a PMC.
>>

> Is it happened on roll call ? And it’s mnemonic??

It was XMLBeans. Apache POI uses XMLBeans and needed to fix XML Entity
Expansion Security issues and use modern JDKs. It took some time to work out
the process and it required a Board Resolution to give the POI PMC
responsibility.

>> Please tell us which project and if you have a community?
>

> Ambari

OK. Ambari had some dependencies on Cloudera. Cloudera put that behind a
paywall a year ago.

See https://whimsy.apache.org/board/minutes/Ambari.html#2021-05-19
<https://whimsy.apache.org/board/minutes/Ambari.html#2021-05-19>

Ambari eventually released a 2.7.6 which may not have been proper and then they
retired in January.

How many people do you have interested in taking Ambari out of the Attic?