Thanks Willem for taking the time to look into this.

The license change means the fork project will not be able to cherry
pick future fixes from Lightbend - at least not readily.

On a case by case basis, we could request that the PR submitter also
contribute them to the fork project.

In some cases, the critical fix might be submitted to the fork first
and it may be easier for the Lightbend team to cherry pick those cases
than it is for the fork team to do the opposite.

The real hope would be that the fork can attract a strong enough
community that any security issues can be fixed in house.

The core of Akka is quite stable at this point so hopefully critical
bugs should be rare. It's possible that some of the less used non-core
code might be more susceptible to having issues.

Links for recent security issues in Akka:
* https://doc.akka.io/docs/akka/current/security/index.html
* https://doc.akka.io/docs/akka-http/current/security.html