+1 to everything Greg says, although I wouldn’t consider it to be a hostile
fork
just as I don’t consider the fork of Hudson to Jenkins to be a hostile fork. In
my
book it isn’t a hostile fork when the major contributors simply switch to the
new
repository and infrastructure. i.e - if the community largely is staying intact
how
can it possibly be a fork? You can certainly say the code forked (that happens
all the time at GitHub and no one really cares) but what is more important to
me is the community.

Ralph