On Fri Feb 24, 2023 at 3:50 AM CET, Justin Mclean wrote:
> HI,
>
> Can you tell us a bit more about activity on the project? From [1] I can see
> the project doesn’t seems less active than it once was there seems to be only
> one person who is currently contributing. In general we prefer incubating
> projects that already have a community around them. What are you plans to
> grow the community?

Hi Justin,

You are right, I'm the main and solo contributor over the years
but this do not sounds like a "news" when you look at the other popular
Swing look and feel like [1] or a modern one like [2].

Where [1] is still the most popular solution for Android Studio,
but the last activity was in Nov 1, 2017.

As we described in the introduction email, our claim is that
if the project will be incubate we could use some of the tools
that the Apache foundation has to grow the
community of developer, such as a mentorship programs.

So, in short, we think that if material-ui-swing will be incubate
there are oppurtunity to grow the community of contributors and
developers.

Hope this clarify a little bit our goal.

P.S: Like in [1] there are still user of the library, we estimate around
2.5K downwload each month from maven, and this do not take into count build
systems like ant, where the more big user that we know are using it.

Cheers.

Vincent.

[1] https://github.com/bulenkov/Darcula/graphs/contributors
[2] https://github.com/JFormDesigner/FlatLaf/graphs/contributors