On Tue Feb 28, 2023 at 2:58 AM CET, Justin Mclean wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Trying to incubate a project and grow a community at the same time can be
> difficult. We tend to prefer projects with an existing community, but that
> doesn’t rule out the project becoming an incubating project. Is there some
> way you can encourage users to become more involved in the project?

Given the circumstances of this particular kind of libraries, and also due to

the lack of documentation on how to write a look and feel from scratch I

think it is pretty difficult grow the community without an external

support.

I can immagine proposal for a couple of year some mentor project for

students, because the Swing it is pretty common that it is used in the

university as framework. In this case I see the incubation opportunity

really promising to grow a possible community, and maybe build other trusted
developed around the library.

> Who would be the initial list of committers for the project? If this is
> small, the project may have trouble making ASF releases.

The two trusted developed around the library:

- Me (vicenzopalazzo)

- Zoya Anderson (that read in Cc)

Cheers!

Vincent.