On Tue, 23 Apr 2024 at 13:08, tison <wander4...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > They could fix the page now, while waiting for the release vote to
> complete.
>
> Make sense. At least remove the page/content now to indicate "no Apache
> release" now. Then it won't be some "forth and back" updates. It's a timing
> issue.
>
> > Note that the page needs more than just an update to version numbers.
> > It needs closer.lua links to the source bundle, links to KEYS, sigs
> > and hashes, and verification instructions.
>
> Such an install page can be a simplified quick start page. I suppose you
> refer to a download page like [1].
>
> [1] https://hadoop.apache.org/releases.html

Yes, though ideally use closer.lua rather than closer.cgi.

> And yes, Fury doesn't have a download page yet, and they should add one.

Agreed.

> But in my experience it's different from a quickstart install page, like
> [2] vs [3].

Yes, but that should not be at the expense of a source download page.
It must be easy to find the source download.
The website and the announcement email must link to the official download page.

The download and install pages could be cross-linked.