Steve Downey wrote:
> Jon, have you actually used JUnit?

Before Jon goes postal, let me interject that his point all along has
nothing to do with JUnit in particular.

He's simply saying that before coming to Jakarta and saying "this
group's codebase doesn't fit my needs, so lets write one of our own", we
should make our proposal to the original group first. If that group
isn't interested in expanding their codebase, then, sure, we should talk
about one of our own.

So what he would like to see is a message that starts with

"I proposed these changes to the JUnit group, but they weren't
interested. Is this something we could do instead?"

-Ted.