> I never said to stay away from the JDK 1.4 logging system.

Well, then look at the following part of your previous message,
and explain more clearly what you meant by "+1".

>on 8/7/01 5:47 AM, "Berin Loritsch" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Hopefully the information presented here will help you.  I would stay
>> away from JDK1.4 logging, and use either LogKit or Log4J which are of
>> equal quality--but slightly different focuses and underlying concepts.
>
>+1

> WHAT I SAID:
>
> I *personally* prefer to use the Log4J API.

Well...

> How that got translated into me being "stupid and irresponsible" is beyond
> me.

I know my english need improvement, but you should improve your
reading skills too I said:
  "telling people to "stay away from it" is stupid and irresponsible"

I don't think anybody on this list is stupid. But I believe the "stay away" advice is.
Sorry is anybody understood it the wrong way.

And Jon:
I like you and use some of your works. But I also read tomcat mailing lists.
It seems to me that you're never afraid of a little bit of flaming ;)

Cedric