>What prevent the "JavalinSoft" class from working with the  JDK 1.4?
>And what prevent you from conditionally bridging the two package,
>*if you relly need to*?

What's the benefit in settling on the 'standard' logging package if
you end up having to include a copy of it (the JavalinSoft version)
with every copy of your software?  That is, unless it's a superior
package to other freely useable/distributable packages, which seems
to be in doubt at the moment.  I'm sure there are somewhat more messy
ways of making this work than I can think of, but the point seems to
be that one shouldn't have to.

Avi