At 06:46 04.01.2002 -0500, you wrote:
>On 1/4/02 6:04 AM, "Ceki Gülcü" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>> Jakarta does not have a benevolent dictator where the puck stops.
>> Recognizing this fact, we either:
>>

>[SNIP]
>

>> 3) Keeps things as they are and hope for the best.
>>

>For those of us (like me) that donıt get it, can we do a quick review why
>deviation from the One True But Sometimes Really Ugly Coding Standard as
>defined by Sun Microsystems is such a threat to the ongoing health of
>Jakarta?  And if the above isn't really the problem, but just an example,
>can we talk a bit about what the problems are?

Deviation from the "One True But Sometimes Really Ugly Coding
Standard" as defined by Sun Microsystems is *not* a threat to the
ongoing health of Jakarta.  It is just an example, albeit a symbolic
one.

The threat is to Jakarta's *nature* and it comes from our indecisiveness.

Real problems I see is

1) lack of focus,
2) duplication between projects,
3) lack of common procedures for doing things.

Are these perceived as problems by others or is it just my
imagination?

--
Ceki Gülcü - http://qos.ch