On Tue, 2002-01-29 at 15:08, Jon Scott Stevens wrote:
> on 1/29/02 11:54 AM, "lloyd" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 2002-01-29 at 14:22, Scott Sanders wrote:
> >> Yes.  I have been thinking that Exchange needs an OSS competitor.
> >
> > Yes yes yes yes yes.
>
> Why would anyone want to create an OSS competitor of a piece of sh*t?

+ 1/2

I think achieving interoperability with the clients would be good.
Basically a drop-inable replacement that is *better*.

I like the calendar thing in excel et al...I'd never actually use it
unless forced because I've got my palm (and yes I don't actually care
about synchronizing it because I never use that info on my PC or if I do
its less convenient to synch then type).  My issue is the places I
typically work if I could sell a drop in replacement for Exchange...heck
yeah cause then I wouldn't be forced to use that spamming virus ridden
security hole and would be able to pick my own email client instead of
often being forced into one.

-Andy

> Let's innovate, not duplicate.
>
> -jon