On Fri, 29 Mar 2002 12:13, Scott Sanders wrote:
> [...]

god no. The avalon group was already using a facade logger long before
commons was for much the same reason commons adopted one. It also makes it
much easier to have a "slim" logging system that just prints out to standard
out or whatever when thats all you need.

> If we have problems with interoperability (and we will), we fix them.  Yes,
> someone has to ultimately dictate the logger to use.  As a commons
> developer, I do not want to force that choice onto anyone.  Let them
> decide.

Well I have got a bug report recently wrt LogKit integration. Apparently you
removed support for it recently in a reorg or it is no longer detected or
something (not sure I didn't really understand) which annoyed a couple of
people. Dunno if this is still relevent though ;)

--
Cheers,

Pete

 "There is only one good - knowledge; and one evil - ignorance."
                                         Socrates