On Sat, 30 Mar 2002 02:36, Danny Angus wrote:
> > Now that you can (well, soon) legally implement JSR47's, you
> > might was well
> > support their interfaces and semantics, and then 'embrace and
> > extend'.  Just
> > do the JSR47 stuff better :)
>
> Could Log4J now become an RI of JSR47 ? (I'm still not completely clear
> about all this..)

Not really and nor could you "embrace and extend". Soon we will be allowed
access to the TCKs (fingers crossed) which means we can implment the spec
legally. However there has not been any change to any of the licenses
regarding the specification materials which means it is still a violation of
the license if you were to try and "corrupt" a spec or "embrace and extend" a
spec by poorly-implementing it (and failing the TCK). However now we can at
least implement the spec(s).

--
Cheers,

Pete