[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>>Dude...you seriously need to get in line with GUMP.  You want to make
>>
>I'm in line, I've had enough hassles with Gump over the last 3 weeks to
>grow new grey hairs. But hey, someone breaks Xerces, and it's *my* job to
>fix it? Things are still a bit skewiff there.

But dude, thats good that it failed!  Valuable information was provided
through the failure.  It may not be your job to fix Xerces, but next
time it may be a dependency on Xerces that breaks (due to say a changed
interface), in such case wouldn't you want to know so you could fix it
before it hits you in the nose when everyone says "gee this project
sucks it won't even work with the version of Xerces that ships with
Tomcat 4.0.5"  etc.  You REALLY need to read the fowler article.  Maybe
you should put some heat on the Xerces folks "hey you're breaking the
build suckers" if it bothers you.