-1

While (1) is no longer an issue (c'mon, it wasn't a real issue when the
vendor page was first created!), (2) is still true.

And the main things I disagree with is that criteria of "support" vs.
support should be committer status of one of the company employees. There
should definitely be some (more or less strict) "lameness" review of each
submission, but making it elitist just doesn't make sense.

Say for instance someone has a company that does a training course on a
number of Jakarta projects. None of the course instructors are Jakarta
committers, but they still educate the world about OpenSource software and
make whatever money they can while serving the community in their own way.
Is it that bad to list them on the vendor page?

Andrus Adamchik