On Thu, 8 Jul 2004, Tetsuya Kitahata wrote:

Hi,

Martin Cooper wrote:

-- [EMAIL PROTECTED] might be better and
I could suggest, I think.

I'm not sure I see why site-cvs@ would be better. Can you elaborate? I'm also not sure who is on that list, since it doesn't seem to come with site2 karma. I think we'd want the changes to go to a wider group in any case.

Yes, very simple reason.

Compare to ws.apache.org (I mean, webservices @ apache).

In ws.apache.org, every cvs commit logs
go to [EMAIL PROTECTED] (see the logs @ eyebrowse / nagoya.apache)
On the other hand, in jakarta.apache.org, they had not been.
They have gone to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
(I am not sure why, but I believe it that there WERE
very reason for it)

Then, I could not understand (then) why "wiki commit logs"
-- similar to cvs commit -- could come to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
What i meant is - site-cvs would be rather "for the guys who
have much concerns in the changes of the websites of
jakarta.apache and related" -- and "who can supervise".

I think you are arguing against yourself here. ;-) If the people who can make changes should be the same people doing the monitoring, which seems to be what you are saying, then it makes perfect sense for general@ to review wiki changes, since anyone on that list can make changes to the wiki. Similarly, if site2 karma and site-cvs were tied (but see below), it would make sense for site-cvs folks to be reviewing site2 changes.

By the way, it would be needed to join to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
list to obtain site2 karma

No, it doesn't work that way. I have site2 karma, but am not (and have never been) subscribed to site-cvs.

--
Martin Cooper

-- Only you should subscribe for
posting a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED],