please post this question to the right list (http://jakarta.apache.org/site/mail.html).

FWIW i have used JMeter for web testing though (depending on your needs) cactus (http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus) may be more suitable.

- robert

On 14 Dec 2004, at 22:58, Jim Amini wrote:

Hi,

Has anyone used Jmeter for web testing?
Please respond if you have used this tool or you know how to use it.

Thanks,
Jim.

-----Original Message-----
From: robert burrell donkin
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, December 14, 2004 2:57 PM
To: Jakarta General List
Subject: Re: Apache CVS (was Re: Lessons Learned)

On 13 Dec 2004, at 22:20, Richard Bair wrote:

Thanks everyone for your insight!

Related to this, I have a question regarding the
organizational structure of CVS. I noticed that
cvs.apache.org has, predictably, a different package
for all of the top-level projects, and even
sub-projects (although all of the commons-components
are considered components and not sub-projects, hence
the lack of any of the components at this top level).
I also noticed that each of the websites is listed as
[projectname]-site.

I'm certainly not the worlds foremost expert at CVS,
so I naturally assume that since apache is laid out
this way that this must a great way to lay out a
project & its sub-projects in CVS. Is this so? What
are the pros/cons to doing it this way, as opposed to
a true tree structure? I assume it has something to do
with the way CVS does things.

(though it is the conventional way to lay out CVS projects) i suspect that this organization grew rather than being planned. (though it may well be easier to manage permissions with this structure.)

we're moving to subversion and there have been quite a few discussions
about the best ways of laying our repositories recently. if you can use
subversion, seriously consider using it. the way our subversion
repository is laid out is a little different.

- robert