On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 23:27:51 -0500 (EST), Henri Yandell
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Now, circling the basement is not conducive to coherence, or correct
> spelling I suspect, so I'm going to ramble a bit here in vague
> justification. Jakarta is different to other TLP's in that it's an
> umbrella. One of the reasons I like the approach above is that it is
> playing to Jakarta's role as an umbrella. Each project will link directly
> to the dynamic resource page, ie) closer.cgi for downloads. Jakarta then
> provides an umbrella navigation system for when people want to see all
> this information from a single location and not click on each sub-project.

The fact that Jakarta is an umbrella and then commons is an umbrella
inside it was confusing me for a while and I know of many people who
still are confused about that. Maybe a bit OT, but I really like the
idea of Jakarta becoming an extended commons project with all larger
projects going TLP.

> 1) Demo Builds, Milestone Builds: Do we even use these terms regularly? We
> have 1 demo build, and I thought we did RC's rather than Milestones. I'm

I thought a milestone is very different from an RC. A milestone is
something even *before beta* feature freeze with only partial features
implemented. An RC is *after* beta directly before or even identical
to the the final release. I may be wrong, though...

Oliver