On Tue, 28 Dec 2004, Martin Cooper wrote:

I think, if we had a standard "template" for download pages, each
subproject could have its own download page, something like we have
for Struts:

http://struts.apache.org/download.cgi

Agreed, much nicer than the closer.cgi. I'd prefer it if subprojects didn't have to really care about it; ie) they'd just link to:

http://jakarta.apache.org/download.cgi/commons/lang-1.4.zip

or whatever.

this would be a more workable approach. I don't see a need to have one
page with all of the available downloads (with the possible exception
of Commons, but I'm not sure we need that either).

User's have different ways of wanting to find a solution. To find 'Struts Download', some may look for Struts, then Download; while others may look for Download, then Struts.

That's not a justification for having a page with all available downloads, just an attempt at a justification for my index-page idea.

Hen