On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 00:26:15 -0000, Stephen Colebourne
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > What I was thinking of for projects is something like:
> >
> > +----------------+
> > |=Projects=======|
> > +--Subprojects---+
> > | * Alexandia    |
> > | * etc...       |
> > +--Graduated-----+
> > | * Ant          |
> > | * etc...       |
> > +----------------+
> >
> > I have two concerns with this: It takes up more space and nothing else
> > uses subheadings. It does put Graduated into context with a noun,
> > though.
>
> My concern is that most users don't care about TLP vs Jakarta owned. So,
> does the terminology 'graduated' help? Why does the user care that some
> projects started at Jakarta, while other Java projects didn't?

Because resource information for projects that have moved away are no
longer found on the Jakarta site. For example, going to the Jakarta
mailing lists page is not going to help you find information on the
Struts mailing lists. I believe the distinction is important to
helping users find what they're looking for.

> Unless and until Jakarta can become a Java portal @ Apache we have to deal
> with this though. It would seem to me that 'Related' was a looser word for
> these projects, and allows us to include other projects that didn't start at
> Jakarta.

We (meaning Hen ;) just got done cleaning up a bunch of "related"
links that didn't seem particularly coherent, so I'd be against
putting it right back again. ;-)

> Also, I don't see any need to use a noun/subheadings here. For me, 'Related'
> on its own would be a sufficient defintion.

I suggested "Alumni" but I don't think I got any takers. It seemed
like the logical noun to replace "Graduated" to me. IMO, "Related" is
too broad, and it was being misused before.

--
Martin Cooper