On Tue, 22 Feb 2005, Henri Yandell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Feb 2005, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>
>> While it was using XSLTC, which is the TraX processor shipping with
>> JDK 1.5.  We now switched to Xalan-J's CVS HEAD.
>
> I give up :)
>
> How would I force it to be dependent on a particular version of
> Xalan?

Check the jar as well as an xml-apis jar from xml-commons (or from
Xalan itself) into svn, write a build.sh/.bar combo that ensures those
two jars end up in the bootclasspath and force all people to use the
scripts instead of Ant directly.  I can't think of any other way,
sorry.

The script would be as simple as

,----
| #!/bin/sh
|
| ANT_OPTS="-bootclasspath path-to-xml-apis.jar:path-to-xalan.jar" ant "$@"
`----

Hmm, you'll probably need to include a matching version of Xerces as
well.

Maybe there is a way to do what you trying to do with XSLT in Ant,
even if it may seem less easy.  At the risk of overcommitting, what
exactly requires Xalan-J ATM?  Maybe I can come up with something
that's going to work with Ant, even if I have to write a custom task
(something I'm not really afraif of).

> xsltc appears to sort the attributes of a html tag differently so if
> we have 1 person using 1.4 and 1 using 1.5, our diffs are going to
> be spammed by attributes rotating back and forth.

That's a problem.  Also XSLTC requires far more heap memory than
Xalan-J 2.x.

Stefan