Dependencies: the Maven generated page on the project site lists them. I
strongly discourage manually maintaining them in a separate location.

JDK version: what a mess. IMHO this is THE information that is missing
on almost ANY project page out there.

As a user I expect this information close to where I obtain the
artifact. That is: on the download page and in the README.

So let's put the JDK compat information into these places.

Ortwin