As a quick addendum, it'd be nice to separately specify JDK required
for building and JDK required for running.

Velocity has a 1.3 runtime and 1.4 compile requirement, I can't
remember why off-hand.  I think we relaxed the requirements for the
test classes to allow them to use JDK 1.4 libraries.  There's also a
few JDK 1.4 adapters (e.g. for logging) that are compiled in but only
are used (via reflection) in 1.4 JRE's.

WILL

On 9/12/06, Yoav Shapira <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

On 9/12/06, Stephen Colebourne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Perhaps, this could be achieved by enhancing maven to allow the minimum
> JDK level to be specified in the POM, and thus on the dependencies page?

The bottom of
http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-dependency-mechanism.html
seems to suggest Maven (2) is already pretty close to this.  We should
just ask the Maven dudes for a little help and/or open an enhancement
issue for this (expose JDK version in Project Dependencies report),
I'm sure they'll do it quickly and easily...

Yoav

Forio Business Simulations

Will Glass-Husain
[EMAIL PROTECTED]