On 5/30/07, Henning Schmiedehausen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Wed, 2007-05-30 at 19:00 +0100, sebb wrote:
> The NOTICE file is not supposed to contain any licenses.

What makes you think so? I am still a bit stumped that you so strongly
insist on this. Is there any reference (besides the cited httpd project)
to that?

For a long time I thought LICENSE was for the license only and
everything else went in NOTICE. Discussions with Cliff, and I'm pretty
sure watching other discussions on legal-discuss, made it clear that
license-things go in LICENSE, and copyright/ip things go in NOTICE.

Look at the two places in http://people.apache.org/~cliffs/3party.html
where it mentions LICENSE, both imply that the LICENSE file is the
only place to find licensing terms.

Hen