Yep, I know this.

Status

Version: 0.52

Effective Date. N/A (proposed)

==> non binding.

If it were in effect, then yes, the paragraph

--- cut ---

      * Reciprocity

     Required by some Components: Some included third-party works are
     licensed under terms that require distribution of derivative works
     to be made available under the same license as the original work.
     See the Apache product's LICENSE file to find the applicable
     third-party licenses.

--- cut ---

would make it clear.

But it is no official Apache policy. And in lieu of policy, none of us
can say that the way Thomas compiled LICENSE and NOTICE is wrong.
Because there is no official policy.

*Sigh*, it seems that I finally have to subscribe to legal-discuss. :-(

        Best regards
                Henning

--
Henning P. Schmiedehausen  -- [EMAIL PROTECTED] | J2EE, Linux,
|gls
91054 Buckenhof, Germany   -- +49 9131 506540  | Apache person              |eau
Open Source Consulting, Development, Design    | Velocity - Turbine guy     |rwc
                                                                            |m k
INTERMETA - Gesellschaft fuer Mehrwertdienste mbH - RG Fuerth, HRB 7350     |a s
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Buckenhof. Geschaeftsfuehrer: Henning Schmiedehausen |n