"Mark Knecht" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> posted
[EMAIL PROTECTED], excerpted
below, on  Sat, 02 Jun 2007 07:47:06 -0700:

> emerge -e world time possibly...

Maybe.  I just upgraded to gcc-4.2.0 (still hard masked, but that's where
gcc-config comes in handy, when something doesn't work with one, compile
it with the other), and did an emerge -e system followed by an emerge -e
world.  Several packages stopped, but I was able to fix about half of
them.  The other half, I just recompiled with gcc-4.1.2 instead.  In a
couple cases (cmake and libssl IIRC), they compiled fine with 4.2.0, but
I had to revert to the 4.1.2 compiled version for various dependency or
functionality related reasons (libssl didn't work with some certificates,
known issue when compiled with gcc 4.2 at this point, and I needed the
old cmake to compile something else that wouldn't compile with gcc 4.2).

You might try running revdep-rebuild first, if you haven't recently,
however.  Often that'll fix the problem, and you'll avoid the full
emptytree remerge.