On Sunday 01 June 2008 00:54:19 Duncan wrote:
> I don't have a particular dog in this fight, but that's not the same
> thing.

The point is that our little friend was gloating about how pkgcore has such a
cool feature and paludis has nothing like it, when in fact paludis has
something far better.

> I did see the log where the --skipfirst functionality request was called
> stupid.  I never quite understood why.

Assuming you mean the log that I think you mean, that person was called stupid
due to

(zhllg) mlangc, actually i use this script to update the system: "sudo
emerge -tauvDN world || until sudo emerge --resume --skipfirst; do sudo
emerge --resume --skipfirst; done

I hope you understand what's wrong with that.