2008/6/2 Mark Haney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> ionut cucu wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 1 Jun 2008 20:59:02 +0200
>>

> Man, I've opened up a HUGE can o'worms here.  I didn't mean to.  But back
> to the reason for the post, I cannot find the correct KDE4.1 overlay.  I
> read that it was kdesvn-portage, but it's not that I can tell.  So, if it's
> not there, where is it.  I'm all for testing the crap out of it and
> reporting bugs at this point.

the 4.1 beta should be at least 4.0.80 version. that overlay should be the
one of the 4.1 support thread and should have the old ebuild system. 4.1
shouldn't hit portage until official release (about 1 or 2 week after
release). the last i've checked that overlay had the old 4.1 alpha 1,
already surpassed in quality and stability by the paludis-kde4 scm overlay.
you'll just still have to check how does that overlay (the one mentioned in
the 4.1 support thread) evolve and hope it works. i haven't tried it myself,
but i know 2 things:
1. kde 4.1 should be much more stable than kde 4.0.x or kde4-scm versions
available in portage and kde4-experimental overlay
2. i've tried it on a livecd and works fine for me, so if it doesn't really
work well then maybe it's due to the overlay mantainers not doing a good
work.

--
dott. ing. beso