On Donnerstag 23 April 2009, Markos Chandras wrote:
> Hello There,
>
> I asked about this on #gentoo-amd64, but I ll be quite busy and I might
> miss the answer.
>
> So
>
> I have a problem with qt-creator installation on amd64
>
> Take a look on this code
>
> linux-*-64 {
>     IDE_LIBRARY_BASENAME = lib64
> } else {
>     IDE_LIBRARY_BASENAME = lib
> }
>
> According to this, when the system is amd64, libraries should be installed
> under lib64/ directory, else they will be installed on lib/ directory.
>
> The thing is that on my amd64 system, they install on lib/ directory. Do
> you have any ideas why it fails to pick the right directory?
>
> My features are
>
> Eternity ~ # portageq envvar FEATURES
> buildpkg ccache distlocks fixpackages metadata-transfer parallel-fetch
> preserve-libs protect-owned sandbox sfperms strict unmerge-orphans
> userfetch
>

> I tried to add multilib on FEATURES but it didnt solve this issue
>
> Thanks :)

you don't add multilib to features. You have to use a multilib profile!
If you use this one:
default/linux/amd64/2008.0/desktop

you are using a multilib profile.

I would say its a bug in the ebuild - it ends in /usr/lib here too.

why it doesn't use get_libdir to get the right lib to install into is a
question best answered by the author(s) of the ebuild.