On Friday 24 April 2009 10:01:29 Duncan wrote:
> Markos Chandras <hwoar...@gentoo.org> posted
> 200904240940.01333.hwoar...@gentoo.org, excerpted below, on  Fri, 24 Apr
>
> 2009 09:39:52 +0100:
> > qmake will read the QMAKESPEC variable. This variable is 'usually' set
> > as /usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/default which is a symlink to the actual
> > mkspec. So my symlink is right
> >
> > That is
> >
> > Eternity ~ # ls -la /usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/|grep default lrwxrwxrwx  1
> > root root   12 2009-04-23 19:33 default -> linux-g++-64
>
> But could it be failing to dereference the symlink?  IOW, is it trying to
> match "default" rather than "linux-g++-64"?  I've seen that error a
> number of times and it's a hard one to catch in the logic flow if one's
> dereference assumptions are incorrect.

According to qt-creator upstream , qmake is always looking for default symlink
in order to identify the correct mkspec. So , internally, qmake will run
something like this

qmake QMAKESPEC=/usr/share/qt4/mkspec/default qt-creator.pro

According to generated makefiles, QMAKESPEC is set to /usr/share/qt4/linux-
g++-64 , but that path is wrong. It should  be /usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-
g++-64.
But that shouldnt be a problem as long as the mkspec host is identified
corrently.

Gosh, what a mess

--
Markos Chandras (hwoarang)