On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 9:59 AM, Paul
Hartman<paul.hartman+gen...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 11:23 AM, Mark Knecht<markkne...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> XFCE seems pretty nice. It has a light feel, menus are handled, at
>> least in the sense of the apps I had installed and were showing up in
>> Gnome menus are there in XFCE. I don't like that it doesn't, at least
>> out of the box on my computer, support multiple file drag & drop
>> actions, but maybe it supports that sort of thing through cut & paste.
>> Not sure. (Just thought of that one.)
>
> Multiple file drag & drop works fine for me in XFCE. I just created a
> folder, highlighted 4 icons from my desktop, dragged them into the
> folder and voila, there are 4 things in it.

Interesting. Didn't work here for me out of the box. My Gnome desktop
had a bunch of files on it. In XFCE I created a folder, dragged my
mouse across 2 or more of these files. They looked selected but when I
clicked on one of the files and started dragging it the file I clicked
on what the only one deposited in the folder. The other files remained
selected.

I'll look around for some setting about this. Seems very basic though. Strange.

Good to know it should work though.

Cheers,
Mark