Hello All,
I'm wanting to create a new category in portage, dev-scheme. There are several
scheme related ebuilds currently residing in various places (dev-util,
dev-lisp, etc) and consolidating them all into the same place would I think be
more sane for developers and users. In the past month there have been 3 new
developers brought in that have expressed interest in maintaining scheme
ebuilds, I think the new category would help with the maintenance.

The builds that I feel should be moved to dev-scheme are: dev-lisp/plt,
dev-lisp/kawa, dev-lisp/mzscheme, dev-lisp/bigloo, dev-lisp/gauche,
dev-lisp/drscheme, dev-lisp/chicken, dev-lisp/mit-scheme and dev-util/guile.
There may be others that I have missed, (Matt, anything?). Guile has the most
dependencies, with around 34 of them. There may be some debate as to whether
or not guile should be moved, but as guile is a Scheme interpreter I think
it's appropriate.

If people have objections, please let me know. The clock is ticking :-)

-Blake

-- 
Blake Matheny
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                  Computer Science is merely the post-Turing
http://dev.gentoo.org/~jake/     decline in formal systems theory.
http://mkfifo.net/gpg.key

Attachment: pgp00000.pgp
Description: PGP signature

Reply via email to