040204 Paul de Vrieze wrote:
> On Wednesday 04 February 2004 20:51, Don Seiler wrote:
>> Interactively merge the two and you should be all set.
> The problem is that this file should not need to change at all.
> The baselayout ebuild should be smart enough
> to see that /etc/fstab must not be changed
> (same as passwd and group)

exactly!  my problem is not what to do: obviously, delete the new one.

the danger is that someone cd easily overlook the difference
-- people are busy, harrassed, in a hurry etc --
& be forced into the major nuisance of a rescue job.

surely, 'baselayout' shd not try to change  /etc/fstab .

SUPPORT     ___________//___,  Philip Webb : [EMAIL PROTECTED]