On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 16:50:42 +0000 Stuart Herbert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
| On Sunday 23 January 2005 16:42, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
| > Pull an older version from cvsweb. But then, since we don't commit
| > broken changes to eclasses, this is irrelevant.
|
| I'm sure that accidents happen from time to time.  I'm also sure that,
| when an  eclass is changed, we do not test every single ebuild in the
| tree which  inherits that eclass.

You don't? For changes which could potentially affect things, I do. Only
time I don't test every package is when it's obvious that there won't be
a knock-on effect. One example of this would be when adding a new
function to eutils or versionator -- of course, I grep the tree
beforehand to make sure that there's no chance of a naming conflict.

--
Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Fluxbox, shell tools)
Mail            : ciaranm at gentoo.org
Web             : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm