On Sun, 2005-01-23 at 16:50 +0000, Stuart Herbert wrote:
> On Sunday 23 January 2005 16:42, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
> > Pull an older version from cvsweb. But then, since we don't commit
> > broken changes to eclasses, this is irrelevant.
>
> I'm sure that accidents happen from time to time.  I'm also sure that, when
> an
> eclass is changed, we do not test every single ebuild in the tree which
> inherits that eclass.

No, but I do take the time to grep the tree for whatever function that I
changed, then ensure those ebuilds will not break due to the change.
This is part of the process of testing an eclass.  You do this too,
don't you?  If the answer is no, then perhaps you ( you in the general
sense, I'm not pointing anyone out) should look at your practices and
change them.

--
Chris Gianelloni
Release Engineering - Operations/QA Manager