On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 19:38:10 +0200 Alin Nastac <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
| Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
| >On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 16:50:22 +0200 Alin Nastac <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
| >wrote:
| >| Not every package that I maintain is tested by me! How can I test a
| >| dsl  driver when I have no such device!
| >
| >Simple. You don't maintain dsl drivers.
| >
| And who else would like to step up as mantainer? I don't do that for
| fun  (at my age - 10 years of experience - you stop being amused by
| this sort  of things), I do it because someone has to and because I
| love this distro.

Stick out a request on -dev. I bet someone here has a dsl device...

| >Just because *you* have a shoddy QA attitude doesn't mean the rest of
| >us should.
|
| Well, I will not ask you for help, that's for sure. Not after your
| categoric "no" on irc.

You were asking me to test an app which I don't have the hardware for.
What do you expect? "I can't test it but I'll mark it stable anyway"? I
hope no-one is still seriously taking the whole "maintainer arch" thing
seriously after having seen how some of the x86 developers behave...

--
Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Fluxbox, shell tools)
Mail            : ciaranm at gentoo.org
Web             : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm