On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 12:52:46 +0100 Michael Kohl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
| I've just added German longdescriptions for all the app- categories
| (well, besides app-vim where you seem to have done this yourself). I
| will continue with the other categories later today and tomorrow.

Cool.

| BTW: Will there be a tool for our users to easily extract information
| from the category metadata? Something like 'equery catinfo de app-vim'
| could be nice for example.

The descriptions will likely show up on packages.g.o at some point (once
Marduk gets around to it :) ). As for other stuff, I'm not aware of any
existing tool that plays around with metadata.xml (other than herdstat).
I could make one (to replace my nasty ewhoistoblame hack) if there's
interest, but if I did it it'd be done in ruby...

--
Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Fluxbox, shell tools)
Mail            : ciaranm at gentoo.org
Web             : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm