On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 02:46:08 +0000 Ciaran McCreesh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
| If you're committing, **remember to use utf-8**. If your language uses
| all kinds of weird accented characters, you could really screw things
| up if you don't.
|
| The correct way to commit a *category* metadata file at the moment is:
|     xmllint --noout --valid metadata.xml
|     glep31check metadata.xml
|     cvs commit -m "blah blah" metadata.xml

Hrm, and if you're running *vim but not using ~arch, and if you have
some weird locale setting, you might want to upgrade to ~arch and accept
all the changes to /etc/vim/vimrc. It's RedHat's fault (long story).

*shrug* No huge deal really, I'm waiting for nano's utf-8 support to be
confirmed stable and working before I go through and tidy up the
remaining impure characters in the tree.

--
Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Fluxbox, shell tools)
Mail            : ciaranm at gentoo.org
Web             : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm